Login / Register
Cheating Death: Injury Fixes for Dummies
Cheating Death: Injury Fixes for Dummies
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Alex Pownall is an elite Performance Athlete and Coach at Parkour Generations and an elite-level weightlifter and strength coach who has led specialist seminars in countries including Italy, Denmark, the UK, Sweden, Spain and more. Alex has also spent years studying massage, rehabilitation and injury prevention and his Cheating Death Workshop focuses on how to maximise and prolong your athleticism no matter what uses you are putting your body to.
Throughout the years of practise, you will inevitably collect a few minor injuries. A sprained ankle here, a pulled muscle there…and once the pain has gone away you will probably forget all about it. Your body, however will NOT.
You will carry some internal scar or defect resulting from the event for the rest of your life. Once these minor incidents build up, they can cause major problems with your muscle behaviour (torn Achilles tendon anyone?), excess wear-and-tear on your joints and even problems with your nerves and organs. Learning to identify the causes and reverse the effects of a misbehaving body is one of the only real ways to slow the passage of time. Want to be the kind of 80-year old that can still jump chasms, swim rivers, climb mountains and also LOOK like the superhuman you clearly are? The Injury Fixes for Dummies Workshop is going to introduce you to what you need know, with bullet points and small words.
Why bother with this stuff?
- Say Goodbye! to pain: Knee pain of any kind, days of soreness after training, back pain, ankles that die occasionally for no reason, headaches and more
- Say Hello! to improved performance: Make your jump bigger (the same day), deepen your squat, make your stride longer, lengthen your spine etc
- Know what is happening and why, even with new injuries: Knowledge is power. The best way to remove and prevent injury is to learn WHY the body does the things it does. Once you know the reasoning you can get fancy or you can keep it simple but you will always know what to do with your aches and pains.
- Stress-free Movement: Most of us pick up an injury that then stays with us for so long, we accept its presence as a fact of life. Wouldn’t you like to get rid of it once and for all? Can you remember what it felt like to go all-out without worrying about your body? Some people have never felt that. This workshop is for both types of people.
- Catching problems before it’s too late: Not all problems stand out straight away. A tight strip of muscle in your back can one day turn into a ruptured ligament in the knee (which heal about as well as England play football). A few glued-together strands of muscle in your neck can keep your feet almost permanently cold.
- Being super flexible doesn’t mean you’re healthy: Too much mobility and not enough strength can be bad too. Learn the balance you need to be indestructible. Not to mention, your ability to do the splits doesn’t mean the tissue is healthy and happy.
The Injury Fixes for Dummies Workshop is a three-hour event designed to introduce the concept, methods and practice of rehabilitation and prehabilitation. We start from the very beginning, so this workshop is ideal for those who have no existing knowledge as well as for those looking to improve, correct and explore their current knowledge base. The workshop is highly practical so be prepared to try a large variety of drills during the session. Summary materials will be provided but participants are encouraged to bring their own materials for taking notes and collecting ideas.
- Self-Myofascial Release; what it is and why you’re doing it wrong
- Mobility drills for people that hate mobility drills
- Massage for dummies
- Fixes for your posture and gait
- Performance Enhancement
Venue: Chainstore Gym, London
Instructor: Alex Pownall
Cost: £54 / Non-Member £60
Log in/Register to view registration options
Sat June 17, 2017 – 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Chainstore Parkour Academy
Terms of Service
Powered by TeamUp