- Have a good referral programme
- Build relationships with other local businesses
- Be visible, make sure people know who you are and what you do
- You have to be everywhere to be seen
- Positioning and relationship building is key; be strategic
- Small offers can be hugely effective, if they are placed in the right environment
- Social media adverts work well for local marketing
Your local area is full of potential customers, but how can you reach them? What kinds of offers should you focus on? How should you leverage local relationships for maximum effect? Chris Burgess, Yvonne Radley, Ben Davis and Stacey Snedden give advice on how to ensure success in selling to the local area, including tips on how much exposure is important to have, and how to build a solid referral network.