Hula Hoop 4 Week Term at Firkin Crane
Circus Factory is delighted to present our first series of circus classes for adults in association with Firkin Crane - Home of Dance.
Circus Factory member and circus coach, Kate Mitchell will be introducing us to the endless creative possibilities of the classic Hula Hoop. From waist spinning to more detailed tricks and object manipulation, Hula Hoop practice and choreography is limitless in combinations and a really fun and varied way to get fit and gently mobilise the body and joints, all in the beautiful surrounds of Firkin Crane Dance Studios.
This course is suitable to all levels, no experience necessary. All Hula Hoops will be provided however students are welcome to bring their own if preferred.
Location: Firkin Crane, John Redmond Street, Shandon, Cork
Dates: Mondays 22nd November, 29th November, 6th December, 13th December
Times 7pm - 8pm
Suitable for ages: 18+
Full Course Price: €48.00
10% Concession (Students and Unwaged) use Discount Code at check out: CFCONC10%
Currently this course in only open for full course registrations
Single Sessions places (€13.50) will be made available in the event that the course is not fully booked and closer to the start date.
Please take careful note of the course dates and our 5 day cancellation policy.
Covid Protocols for students at Firkin Crane
All students and coaches over 18 must hold a valid Covid Vaccination Certificate to attend classes at the Firkin Crane.
All students will complete Circus Factory online booking forms as Circus Factory will be responsible for any contact tracing needs for this course.
- Face Masks are required when arriving at Firkin Crane and moving moving around the building. Face Masks can only be removed when settled in your assigned practice area.
- Please arrive no more than 5 - 10 minutes before class starts and avoid congregating at the entrance or Foyer
What to bring and wear
We ask all users to limit what personal belongings they bring into the space however there are a few things you might need:
- Your own water bottle / hydration
- A small personal sweat towel if necessary
- Clean socks - no outdoor trainers allowed on the floors
- Personal Face Mask
Please leave all valuables and jewellery at home. Unfortunately Circus Factory nor Firkin Crane cannot be responsible for, or hold onto lost property for any duration of time.
Covid-19 measures in place for public and staff safety:
- Currently Circus Factory's minimum requirement is that the tutor is required to wear a face mask if working with a student in close proximity (less than 2 meters)
- It is at the students discretion if they wish to wear a mask at any time during the class.
- It is at the students discretion if they are comfortable for the tutor to work with them in close proximity. If they do not wish for this, alternative exercises will be offered that can be practiced safely whilst maintaining adequate physical distancing.
- All students will be assigned individual equipment with no sharing of equipment permitted unless training as a pod.
- Students are only permitted to train in the zone assigned.
- Hand sanitising stations are installed and clearly marked in the building - please use regularly - All training mats will be fully cleaned and sterilised before and after class.
- No Drop In places allowed
- All bookings MUST be made online
- All first time user forms (Waiver, Medical History, Emergency Contacts) are required to be filled out online through our new booking system (we have integrated with TeamUp booking software) before booking a class. You will be led through these forms after selecting to purchase a class.
Covid Symptom Checks
- If you are experiencing Covid symptoms or are isolating from either testing positive, awaiting test results or a confirmed close contact for Covid-19 please do not attend class.
You can find out more about covid symptoms at https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/symptoms/overview/
All 4 week terms carry a 5 day cancellation policy upon the first start date of full course or individual session booked (if available).
This is required due to people on waiting lists and to ensure we can meet our financial commitments to our venue, administration and facilitators.
- All cancellations up to 5 days before your course starts will be fully reimbursed to your GoTeamUp account. To cancel from a course you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can cancel from the administration side.
- If you miss a class you can make up your training by attending 1 free facilitated training session in lieu of the class. Again please contact us to arrange this.
Unfortunately Circus Factory cannot offer cash refunds.
Should you unregister from your training less than 5 days before the course starts or individual sessions booked (if available) unfortunately we cannot reimburse your account. However in the event that a person on the waitlist avails of your cancelled place and registers we can reimburse your GoTeamUp account credit.
In the event we have someone on a waiting list and they are happy to book into a single class that someone might not be able to attend, we can then reimburse the non attendee. However this is not a guarantee, but you are welcome to let us know if you cannot make a class in case we can facilitate this transfer.
In the event that Circus Factory requires to cancel a class at any time, all registered users will be fully reimbursed.