Ashtanga Vinyasa 200hr Teacher Training September 22
Ashtanga Vinyasa Teacher Training
All Jamie Yoga Trainings are designed to invite practitioners to explore their understanding of the main ingredients of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga System of Yoga, through our Western contemporary and evolving perspective. Introducing the practice with techniques and methods that are proven to deepen and expand a student’s practice and teaching. I am very happy to be following in the footsteps of my own teacher, It’s Yoga Founder, Larry Shultz, in launching my own vision of Teacher Training with a passion to share all my experience gained from over 6000 hours of teaching since 2007. I have run a Successful Yoga studio, The Yoga Lab, delivered many Teacher trainings, taught classes and workshops freelance and arranged Yoga holidays in several locations in Europe. I am keen to pass on all my experience to my teachers in training. Jamie Yoga Teacher training aims to cultivate individuality, practical teaching proficiency, discipline and integrity in its graduate. It is my personal responsibility to get you there.
“Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may register with Yoga Alliance Professionals to use their relevant membership level designation, as a sign of quality training.”
Jamie Blowers is a registered senior teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
The aim of the training is for each student to achieve the skills required to facilitate a Modified Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Practice, for a diverse group and to develop their own personal practice.
The training takes Place over three weeks consecutive or otherwise.
The cost of the training is £2500 per student and the non refundable deposit is £500.
Jamie Blowers as Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance U.K. will teach a minimum of 70 percent of the course content. This course is delivered over a minimum of 21 Days.
180 of the 200 hours are contact hours in the studio with The Senior Yoga Teacher Jamie Blowers. 30 hours will be non-contact for observing classes and assisting adjusting in classes.
HISTORY- all contact hours
The history of Yoga will be delivered as a lecture accompanied by word processed document for each student. Students will be asked to complete a comprehension exercise and to create a timeline. The learning aim is that students can understand and learn the evolution of the Ashtanga Yoga lineage, including the major figures and major texts. Larry Shultz is included to show that innovation is still happening in Ashtanga in in more recent times in much the same way as Ashtanga in the inception of T.Krishnamac harya. The great custodian of traditional Ashtanga will be juxtaposed with these innovators to give students a contextual understanding of Ashtanga as a simultaneously evolving and classical practice.
T.Krishnamachayra , B.K.S Iyengar
Yoga Sutras: The Eight Limbs of Patanjali
History of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
The Eight Limbs of Ashtanga Yoga.
The Sutras of Patangeli will be considered in group reading and discussion along with the Eight Limb pathway of Ashtanga Yoga, and its evolution from The Upanishads to The Yoga Sutras.
PRANAYAMA -all contact hours
Ujjayi Pranayama will be taught and practised as a group practice and then individually the students will practice ujjayi pranayama making notes of their personal observations, these observations will culminate in a script to teach the ujjayi breath. In pairs, the students will teach each other testing out their scripts and then feedback to the group. Fine tuning the scripts will continue throughout the course. Key points that will be introduced during this section are, The subtle energy Prana and Apana, the Subtle energy Chanel Shushumna Nadi and the theory of Kundalini. We then apply the techniques to the Asana practice and the students start to teach the breath as part of the Asana practice.
Theory and Practice, Working with the breath in Ashtanga sequences.
SUN SALUTATIONS – all contact hours
The students will practice Suranamascara A&B making notes and observations of their personal practice.
Each Asana and Vinyasa of the Namaskara will be workshopped as a group. The understanding of safe, traditional and modified variations for every level of practice and diverse injuries will be discussed and taught. The student will practice teaching in pairs and also have the opportunity to teach in small groups. The key points to be learned are Benefits and meaning of Surya namaskara. The mind-body-breath connection and how to introduce, inspire, cultivate and support this as a teacher.
Suryanamaskara A – Theory and Practice
Suryanamaskara B – Theory and Practice
Teaching Suryanamaskara A and B
ANATOMY – all contact hours
Anatomy is delivered by Dr Mausumi Chattergee. Dr Chattergee is a Registered General Practitioner and a Musculoskeletal specialist and has benefitted by already studying Ashtanga Teacher training. This section will be in the form of a lecture with interaction exercises and followed by a written test of students functional knowledge as applied to Ashtanga Yoga and basic anatomy. This section helps to develop the eye for assessing the body and the Practice from a functional anatomy perspective. The ability to discern how much benefit is available for particular practitioners in any Ashtanga Asana.
Name and locate muscles, bones and joints
The pelvis in relation to spine and hamstrings.
Understand the Key concepts of Muscle tension, Bone compression, Proportion and Orientation and the difference and interaction between them.
Yoga Practices – all contact hours
The understanding of the individual as the primary subject and the necessity for individual practitioners desires abilities and anatomies to be assessed and that the modified Ashtanga series be utilised in serving the budding beginner Ashtanga Yogi.
Modified Primary Series This will be the core of the course and the practice. Self-practice (depending on individual ability) and the practice delivered by the student teachers at the end of the course.
Full Primary Series (All Asana will be introduced)
Contemporary technique and considerations & Traditional. (All my experience teaching and practising Ashtanga will be shared and offered to support these considerations)
Modified Intermediate Series, in the form of Larry Shultz’s Rocket Yoga®
Sun Salutations A & B As minimum practice for Ashtanga Beginner.
ASANAS – all contact hours
Jamie Yoga Teacher Training Complaints Procedure
There will be at least two tutors available to process a complaint on any Yoga teacher training course.
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days from the date it is received. The response will contain the following information:
Name of the person who will investigate the complaint
The date(s) that the incident happened
What support you can expect to receive during the process of the complaint
An expected response date
When the person(s) who are dealing with the complaint, have had an opportunity to review it, they will write to the tutor or person about whom the complaint has been made. The letter will outline the main elements of your complaint and ask for a full written response.
At this point, if further relevant information comes to light, you may be asked for your comments to ensure the investigator has a balanced understanding. When your response has been received, the investigator will consider all the information available to them and make a decision.
The response will include the following information:
Details of the investigation
A decision about whether the complaint was upheld or not
The reason for the decision
The re-dress, if appropriate, which will be offered to you, for example, an apology. Any other action that may be taken in light of the complaint
If it is not possible to provide a full answer to your complaint within 30 working days, the letter will outline reasons why and give a date by which a full answer is expected.
If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint then outline the reasons for your dissatisfaction by letter. Email this to Yoga Alliance UK (if the teachers are Yoga Alliance UK accredited).
This information will be provided in response to Stage two.
There will be at least two tutors available for the complaints process who are delivering each teacher training course.
Jamie Yoga Teacher Training (200 hours) Terms & Conditions
– Students should have been practising yoga for 2 years and have a regular practice before they will be permitted to enrol on the teacher training course.
– A deposit of £500 is necessary to secure a place on this course and should be paid at the time of the booking and is non refundable.
– The full fee should be paid 35 days before the beginning of the course.
– Applications will be taken on a ‘first come first served’ basis and students who have paid their deposit will have priority over those who haven’t.
– We reserving the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date.
– The fees must be paid in full and any private sessions paid for before a graduation certificate will be issued.
What fees include & what is not included:
– Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professionals SYT
– All lectures are given with accompanying Handouts all bound together.
– There is a DVD of The Modified Primary Series accompanying the course for each enrolled student.
– A minimum of one full Asana Practice each day of training.
– Practical teaching opportunities per day of training.
– A complimentary membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals (Formerly Yoga Alliance UK, for the duration of the training.
– The benefit of Student teacher insurance for the duration of the course for only £10 (£20 if in Ireland) from The Yoga Alliance Professionals.
– Flights, accommodation and food for yourself
– Insurance (you can get this from Yoga Alliance Professionals for just £10)* If you reside in the UK or £20 if you reside in Ireland
– A certificate (paying the fees do not guarantee you a certificate as you will need to successfully pass all assignments and attend a minimum of 80% the course.
– Yoga mats.
During the Course:
Student’s conduct during the course:
1. Students will be respectful of the studio space and the employees of the studio.
2. Students will be on time for all sessions.
3. Students will trust the Course facilitator’s expertise.
4. Students will deposit all rubbish in the bins provided and be responsible for looking after the communal space. Including the return of all equipment and materials.
5. Students will turn Mobile phones off during training.
6. Students will bring all required materials that have been given or requested to each training day.
7. Students understand it is their responsibility to replace their lost course materials.
8. Students will take their personal belongings home with them on each day of training. If there is a designated space for students belongings including yoga mats students understand they remain responsible for any lost or stolen items.
9. Students understand they are expected to properly nourish, hydrate and rest (adequate sleep) themselves as appropriate for an intensive physical training.
10. Students will practice asana in the studio in silence and refrain from asking questions until the end of asana Practice.
11. Students understand that one person will talk at any time during discussions and refrain from interrupting.
12. Students will use ‘I’ statements during discussions.
13. Students will endeavour to refrain from comparing themselves to others.
14. Students will speak only positively of themselves and other.
15. Students will endeavour to be fully present in mind body and attitude during the training days.
16. Students will listen to other students and respect the learning process and learning opportunities of others.
17. Students will honour the confidentiality of the group discussions.
18. Students will focus their full attention during the training process.
19. The Minimum attendance rate is decided by the discretion of The Senior Teacher Trainer.
20. Re-sitting the Practical assignment will be charged at £50 per resit, plus any extra studio hire charges.
22. Discretionary extensions may be granted if students are unable to complete the course requirements due to unforeseen circumstances but no refund can be given.
23.5 observed classes and 5 assisted classes will be reflected upon and recorded and signed by a qualified yoga teacher as evidence of the student continuing their training after the course ends is required within 1 year before being enrolled on further professional development course with Jamie Yoga Teacher training.
Cancellation of Course:
– Course leaders reserve the right to cancel the course at any point due to unforeseen circumstances and will be reimbursed the tuition fee in full or offered a transfer to another equivalent training.
You can find more info about Jamie's Trainings at http://www.jamieyogatrainings.com/
Mon July 4, 2022 – 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Hotpod Yoga South Wales