Woods & Water - Natural Movement Weekend
This summer Ben Medder & Matt Mulligan warmly welcome you to WOODS & WATER - an inclusive, intensive weekend of natural movement and camping in the stunning setting of the peak district with a maximum 12 participants so that you can get a lot of Matt and Ben's attention.
Join a community of movers from varied backgrounds to celebrate physicality, curiosity and connection with nature. Offer yourself two days of space outside of your regular schedule camping in the beautiful Peak District to connect deeply with your body, your environment, each other and a sense of perspective and the broad picture of what is good for you. Expand your horizons.
Expect to immerse yourself in physical practice for two days, gaining new ideas and perspectives to feed your physical practice, and return to your life on Monday with a renewed sense of vitality, connection, strength and joy.
Participants will experience two days of structured practice - involving a combination of Arboreal movement / movement with the trees, partner work and games, Finding flow individually , with a partner / group and the environment. A rhythmic balance of stillness, rest, social time and simply time enjoying the natural world.
WHEN: 18th - 19th August
WHERE: Camping in the Peak District
FOR: All levels of movement experience
• • • •
IN YOUR PHYSICAL PRACTICE SOME OF THE STUFF YOU WILL EXPERIENCE:
ARBOREAL MOVEMENT / TREECLIMBING
• Tree running,
• Tree dancing
• Arboreal partnerwork
• Rapport building games
• Communication and listening work
• Exploring the spectrum of cooperation and competitiveness
• Rough and Tumble play from dancing to fighting
• fluid transitions (link to treedance)
• smoothness, quietness, water-ness
• • • •
EXAMPLE / LOOSE ITINERARY
• Morning practice session
• Morning session
• Lunchtime / journey
• Afternoon session
• Evening meal
• Evening Jam / self-practic / Group evening activity..
• • • •
• MATT MULLIGAN is a professional acrodancer and movement coach. Through BODYROOTS.ORG he works to make people move better, feel more alive, be happier & healthier through movement & mindfulness.
• BEN MEDDER is a movement coach and play facilitator for adults and families. Ben shares and facilitates his ideas to a vibrant community on how to reclaim one's innate play drive, use movement as a tool for personal and social development and discovery, and why moving like a human and with the seasons is important to him.